Student Government Association - UCA

Senate Advancement Committee

Report from April 6, 2016

This past year my committee has been busy with Constitutional amendments, the first of which dealt with senator hours. Many Freshmen were being classified as Sophomores to run and that was considered a problem because it greatly defeated their chances of winning an election. Therefore, our committee came up with an amendment to change the way hours are used to classify senators to as follows:

"The Senior Class Officers and Senators shall have no less than ninety (90) ​hours of college ​credit after receiving a high school diploma or GED, including hours in which the Senator is currently enrolled. 

The Junior Class Officers and Senators shall have no less than sixty (60) and no more than eighty-nine (89) hours of ​college​ ​credit ​after receiving a high school diploma or GED, including hours in which the Senator is currently enrolled.

The Sophomore Class Officers and Senators shall have no less than thirty (30) and no more than fifty-nine (59) hours of ​college​ ​credit ​after receiving a high school diploma or GED, including hours in which the Senator is currently enrolled.

The Freshman Class Officers and Senators shall have less than thirty (30) hours of ​college credit ​after receiving a high school diploma or GED, including hours in which the Senator is currently enrolled."

This amendment that passed in October reduces the issue of incoming Freshmen with Sophomore hours, mainly because of the phrase "after receiving a high school diploma or GED" in the amendment. We also met with the Registrar's office when completing this to discuss issues that are possible for students to encounter. For example, an incoming student that's a veteran will likely have credit from the military. Perhaps more common is the issue of AP/ IB credit, which is why the clause is added about the hours having to be after receiving a diploma or GED. I am very proud of this amendment.

I also had Senator Clifton help with the mid- year survey for senators, to get good questions and hopefully good feedback.

Then, our committee discussed SAFA. There was an expressed need from the Vice President of Finance to change the reimbursement dates because students were forgetting when they were and it was so far in advance after their event that it did not seem reasonable.

Two amendments were passed concerning SAFA (Student Activity Fee Allocation) for the two places in the Constitution that the reimbursement dates are mentioned. In both areas, we changed the dates for events held in the spring semester to May 20th; and for the fall semester January 20th.

Next, we changed the Appointment Committee Chair selection process. Originally it was stated that it had to be the President of the class that was doing interviews, but with the addition of an international and non-traditional senator, we found this to be outdated. Senator Fedor created this amendment to allow the committee itself to pick their chair since it is barely more responsibility than a normal senator on the committee.

In addition to this we have changed the Diversity Committee Chair selection in the Constitution to be at the same time as other committees at Fall Retreat. This makes it easier for the committee by allowing them to have an appointed leader early in the semester to be more productive.

We also changed the non-traditional senator position to undergraduate. Our thinking was that most graduate students would be deemed as non-traditional, seeing as many are married, have kids, etc. Therefore, to try and get as much diversity as possible seeing we already have graduate senators, we made it to be that they have to be undergraduate.

We amended the academic college senators to be undergraduate and graduate in the Constitution so that there is no ambiguity as to their qualifications.

Next, we have changed the Big Event section in By-Law I. This was very much needed, seeing as the advisor is no longer from SGA and the Director no longer has a seat on Senate. Senate got heated over what money we would choose to sponsor with them every year, but we ended up with a middle-ground solution by making it to where SGA will give money to the Big Event after a 2/3 vote from the Senate and a full review of budgeting needs from the Big Event Committee.

Lastly, we changed By-Law C for demerits. This has been needing updating, and Rules and Ethics committee reviewed it in their meetings. We also included gender neutral pronouns in the revisions.

I am very proud of what my committee has accomplished this year. Please let me know if there are any additional concerns.

Sincerely,

Ellen McKinnie

Senate Advancement Chair

 

 

 

Report from April 21st

Senate Advancement End of Year Report

In order to evaluate the progress of this year's Senate Advancement Committee, it is necessary to review the established mission set by the committee at the beginning of the year.  

The mission reads:  "To implement changes that will make Senate more efficient, transparent, and personable in our everyday operations."  

Objectively, while our committee had mixed results throughout the year, I believe we have stayed true to our mission.  Looking back, we approximately passed 8 changes to our By-Laws and 5 changes to our Constitution.  Each of these changes were made specifically to improve our operations and/or allow a more diverse student body to interact with our Senate.  The changes ranged from restructuring Senate, adding clarification to the requirements of the Student Fee Advisory Committee, and making our organization more transparent.  I am very proud that these changes were made, and I think they struck a nice balance of preserving what we have while striving to become something even better.  While these changes to our Constitution and By-Laws certainly were our primary accomplishments, we also were successful in utilizing our Suggestion Boxes, encouraging participation in Open Forum, and providing input into possible election reforms such as a new Election Week activity.  

In the future, I would like to see a similar committee to carry out a few different initiatives.  I would like to see a change in which the only hours that counted for elections and candidate requirements to be hours earned at the university.  I would like to see a continuing restructuring of our Senate composition.  Specifically, I would like to see academic colleges utilized more and classes to be utilized less.  I would like to see a reexamination of all current rules regarding elections and to have that codified, so that there is less confusion regarding election rules, and that it takes away some of the subjectivity and power of our election committees.  Those are specific initiatives I would like to see move forward.  In addition, I would like the values of the mission to continue to be emphasized.  

Moving forward, I certainly believe this committee should be utilized.  However, I am not sure that it would be necessary for the committee to function every year; a more appropriate utilization could be every other year.  Another possibility would be to disband the committee and to appoint a single person to fulfill a streamlined version of the duties.  This would be in the same vein as our historian position, and could be a possible trend anyway with our organization of officers and committees.  

Report from April 14th 

The committee did not meet this last week.  The Chair canceled the meeting because he was busy/concerned with the hearings for the Student Fee Advisory Committee.  The committee members were tasked though with developing guidelines to incorporate as an end of year report/recommendation for next year's Senate.  

Report from April 7th

The committee met at its usual time on April 2nd.

Senator Broaddrick has compiled and sent me the statements for the ballot initiatives.  I will review them this week, and make any additions or edits before sending it to Exec Board. 

Debate on the two previous notices that were introduced last week.  Should not be terribly long, but important enough to consider and discuss. 

We will review elections rules from the most recent years past and determine if we want to make a recommendation concerning the consistency of election rules from year to year. 

Would like to encourage fellow Senators to campaign for ballot initiatives.  This is a way of interacting with the campus and ensuring the success of reform. 

Report from March 31st

The committee met at its usual time on March 19th.

The committee discussed the recent success and failures of the suggested previous notices.  The committee was glad to have the lively discussion in Senate, and regardless of outcomes, we were glad that important matters facing Senate were discussed openly.  

The committee discussed the possibility of new previous notices for this upcoming meeting.  Two of them dealt with election reform:  a prohibition of endorsement from Executive Board members and a restriction on campaigning in student residences.  After seeking counsel from Mr. Dave though, the Chair determined it would be best to hold off on major election reform until next year since we are limited by time in what we can accomplish by the end of the year.  A possibility for improvements next year though would be a discussion of codifying election rules within the Special Rules of Order and taking away some of the discretion of the Election Rules Committee.  Another consideration was establishing a liaison for food services, housing, and athletics instead of full committees.  While the committee believes this is a good idea in theory, we did not believe it should be codified in our Constitution just yet.  We leave this up to the discretion of next year's Executive Board.  That being said, the committee will present two previous notices in this meeting.  

Finally, the committee is currently working on a 2-3 sentence statement for each constitutional amendment that will be presented on the ballot.  These statements will provide an explanation and context for the suggested change in hopes that the student voter will be better informed.   

Report from March 17th

The committee met at its usual time on March 12th.

The committee discussed the upcoming previous notices and any possible corrections that will need to be made.  Since General Assembly, it had come to the attention of the Chair that amendments could be necessary to the proposed amendments.  In addition, the Chair discussed any remaining previous notices that the committee would consider bringing before Senate.  

Report from March 10th

The committee met at its usual time on March 5th.  

Due to the cancellation of this week's Senate meeting, the committee had to regroup and reconsider previous notices.  For that reason, the committee has decided to put forward the bulk of the previous notices forward at next meeting, so that they can be debated and voted on before spring break.  We discussed any further developments and possible debating points.

The committee reviewed the three suggestions within the Suggestion Box at the Student Center.  The suggestions were pretty standard concerns.  Concerns included library hours, DCB meal plan for upperclassmen on campus, freshman residency policy, a better email platform, and better Food Court hours on Sunday.  We hope to continue to receive more feedback in the future, so that we can report it back to Senate.  

Report from March 3rd

The committee met at its usual time on February 26th.

The committee is continuing to make any last corrections or additions to our previous notices.  We are also considering any possible consequences or implications that could occur due to changes.  For example, to remove Senators-at-Large and add representatives from academic colleges will require changes in language in both the Constitution and its By-Laws.  This could create a conflict of language if the by-law changes were to occur, but the Constitution changes did not pass through ballot.  This will require a motion that is more specific in language.  Should introduce first batch at Monday's meeting.

The committee has placed a Suggestion Box within the Student Center, and it has been utilized so far.  Will check what they say at next week's meeting.  We have confirmations from both the library and cafeteria to put respective boxes there as well.   

Report from February 24th

The committee met at its usual time on February 19th.

The committee is taking its time finalizing the first batch of previous notices which will be introduced next week.  At the moment, it looks like there will be a total of 6 previous notices introduced.  Debate will follow the next week.  The remaining previous notices will then be introduced that same week as debate starts on the earlier notices.  

The committee has discussed a possible Election Week activity.  We believe that it would be in the best interest to have an opportunity for the students to meet the candidates in an election in a more official and formal setting.  The ballroom could be reserved and each candidate could have an equally measured space within that ballroom.  In that space, the candidate could have promotional materials such as a poster, shirts, buttons, etc.  The event would not be mandatory.  It would simply be open to those willing and able to participate.  For this to work, it is assumed that candidates would need to reserve a spot with SGA in advance.  The event would then need to be held later in the week as opposed to earlier.  It could last for two hours or so.  If the event does not seem to catch on, it could always be discontinued.  

Report from February 17th

The committee met at its usual time on February 12th.

Currently, the committee has possibly 13 separate previous notices.  The more recent ones are primarily concerned with election reform.  These were inspired from the U of A Constitution and By-Laws.  They would provide a more comprehensive and detailed framework.  The committee has contacted ASU, so that we could access their Constitution and By-Laws as well.  So far, we have not received a copy of that yet.

The committee now has the suggestion boxes.  Within the next week or so, they will be placed in the Student Center, Library, and Cafeteria for a trial run.  We will be sure to get the word out, so that students know of its existence.

The committee proposed the creation and maintenance of more official email accounts for Senators.  Specifically, they would be for the class presidents and vice presidents.  This would increase transparency and accountability.  It would make Senators more accessible.  It would make a smoother transition in the long run.  

Report from February 10th

The committee met at its usual time on February 5th.

Currently, the committee is working on 5 separate previous notices.  One is for a position for historian.  One is a revision of our purpose and duties.  One is for replacing Senators-at-Large with representatives from academic colleges.  One is a revision of the GPA requirement.  One is a proposal for ticket elections for the Executive Board.  Each will be explained more fully when introduced and debated.  Tentatively, they will be introduced on March 3rd and March 10th.  We hope to have more than 5 total, so that is why we are separating them and introducing them on different days.  

The committee is looking into possible events to implement for Election Week.  After looking through previous surveys, we have found that students would like a more organized and visible way to meet the candidates.  We hope to propose a non-mandatory opportunity, so that this can take place.  

Currently considering how to solve a conflict of language within our Constitution.  Due to a by-law change, what is listed as a standing committee is now technically a special committee.  We must somehow reconcile that language. 

Report from February 3rd

The committee met at its usual time on January 29th.

The Chair had developed the survey for the week, so the committee discussed the importance of making sure surveys were completed.  The Chair will continue to analyze the results in moving forward.

The committee discussed the previous notices which were presented Monday, and what should be said moving forward.

The Chair charged Kenny with approaching President Adam Price about possible changes to the SAFA structure.  

The Chair charged both Kenny and Kelsey with wording and brainstorming ideas for possible Constitution changes.  

The committee brainstormed other possible changes to present and implement.

The Chair spoke with the Executive Board about timing and scheduling for introducing these measures to Senate.  He also ensured that the proper method was being implemented in presenting.  

Report from January 27th

The committee met at its usual time on January 22nd.  

Kelsey is continuing to follow-up on SGA allocation for Suggestion Boxes.  

The Chair looked over the survey results from the last survey.  

The committee discussed various problems and shortcomings of the current electoral process.  The most identified issue was a lack of visibility.  Kelsey and Kenny provided suggestions in how to increase visibility and incentivize elections.  

The Chair prepared the previous notice for a By-Law Change to be presented at General Assembly.

The Chair discussed details regarding the possible replacement of Senators-at-Large with representatives from each academic college.  

Report from January 20th

The committee met at the designated time as set by last semester on January 15th.  The first item of business was determining a meeting time for the current semester.  The same time was set moving forward.

The committee followed up by tying loose ends from last semester.  Kelsey was charged with following up with Dylan regarding our allocation for the Suggestion Box supplies while Kenny was charged with following up with Steven regarding a template advertising Open Forum.  

The Chair had developed the survey for the week, so the committee discussed the importance of making sure surveys were completed.  The data could prove useful for further SGA reform.  

The committee discussed what the provisions of the Constitution claim is required for the Constitution to be changed. 

Kelsey and Kenny were both tasked to develop a comprehensive restructuring plan for the allocation of seats on Senate.  There were no limits set by the Chair, so that the committee would feel unencumbered.  This should be a great brainstorming and creative exercise to start the semester.  

The Chair received information from the i.d.e.a.l. leadership in order to amend a by-law regarding its structure.  A previous notice will be prepared for the next General Assembly.  

Report from December 2nd

The committee did not meet last week due to the meeting time falling during our scheduled Thanksgiving Break.  The committee will continue to wrap up projects for this semester and will begin to look into the goals and projects for the next semester.

Report from November 25th

The committee met at its usual time on November 20th.

At the meeting, the Chair continued developing research into election systems at different universities. Each member of the committee was tasked with choosing a different Arkansan university of choice and picking out something appealing of that structure that could be used or implemented at UCA. In addition, each member of the committee was tasked with choosing an out-of-state university to pick out something appealing of that structure that could be used or implemented at UCA.  At the last meeting, the committee explored the possibility of developing positions that would serve largely underrepresented groups on campus.  For example, some universities designate Senators as being commuter Senators since their experience and needs are slightly different than the experience and needs of those who live on campus.  Though the committee did not feel that we needed commuter Senators, we did discuss the possibility of having a Senator that would represent nontraditional students specifically and possibly international students specifically.  Our committee would like to somehow develop a strucutre that would encourage more diversity on Senate and would allow those often unheard voices to have a seat at the table.  A possible concern with such a delegation though is determining which underrepresented groups on campus would get a spot.  It could cause conflict by picking and choosing which groups on campus were more worthy to have a designated member on Senate.  On the other hand, if something significant is not changed though with either the structure of Senate, or the election rules, or the atmosphere on campus, then we will continue to lack representation from certain sub-groups of the population like nontraditional students.

The committee looked at different SGA websites of universities to get a feel for how they promote and place their online suggestion box.

The Chair developed and prepped the motion for last week's previous notice.

Report from November 18th

The committee met at its usual time on November 13th.

At the meeting, the Chair continued developing research into election systems at different universities.  Each member of the committee was tasked with choosing a different Arkansan university of choice and picking out something appealing of that structure that could be used or implemented at UCA.  In addition, each member of the committee was tasked with choosing an out-of-state university to pick out something appealing of that structure that could be used or implemented at UCA.  Though our committee has an idea of how the change in Senator allocation will work, nothing is off the table in regards to options.  One idea the committee looked into is a restructuring of the hall distribution to make the allocation more equitable.

Kenny was given the green light to continue developing and posting the news post on OrgSync.

Kelsey was given the green light to coordinate with the PR committee in developing an online Suggestion Box.

The Chair will request a budget allocation in Senate for the physical suggestion box.

Report from November 11th

The committee met at its usual time on November 6th.

At the meeting, the Chair initiated a new research project.  While an official decision has not been made on the feasibility of a party system for UCA, the Chair has decided that it would be in the committee's best interest to conduct further research concerning Senator delegation/structure and election rules.  Each member of the committee was tasked with choosing an Arkansan university of choice and picking out something appealing of that structure that could be used or implemented at UCA.  At this upcoming meeting, the committee will discuss the findings and decide to go from there.

Kelsey began using the SGA Twitter account as a platform for encouraging Open Forum today.

Kenny was charged with drafting a news post for the OrgSync banner.

Report from November 4th

The committee met at its usual time on October 30th.

At the meeting, the Chair began by initiating discussion on the universities selected in exploring party systems.  There were some problems with this first attempt at research in that it was difficult to find the appropriate sources for how these systems function.  While the Constitutions and By-Laws provided some general information about how these systems are to be created and maintained, it was still fairly vague and general.  The Chair charged the members of the meeting to take what they learned and to provide an evaluation for the following week.  Essentially, it will be an argument either for or against the implementation for the system at UCA.

In regards to the suggestion box, the draft budget was revised to include possible banners as advertisement for our Senate's Open Forum.  We believe we have located the items that we need and want to use.  We still need the allocation and then we will begin placing and monitoring.

It was decided that every Monday around 4 pm that SGA's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will shoot off a reminder about Open Forum.  Kelsey, as a member of the public relations committee, was charged with developing a draft tweet and checking with Steven about utilizing that.  The exact language doesn't have to be the same or perfect each week.  It can be flexible.

Kenny spoke with our advisor Megan Thompson about utilizing OrgSync for Open Forum.  We hope to create a type of brand with the event and have it advertised in the banner.  We will begin by developing a news post for approval.

As a committee, looked at Article V Section 9 to include the addition of a historian position.  If we were to create this new position, it would be subsection H.  A draft of the language so far:

"H.  The Historian

             1.  Shall be responsible in developing an accurate end-of-the-year record of the Senate's highlights of the term."

 

Report from October 28th

The committee met at its usual time on October 23rd.

At the meeting, the Chair followed up on what is left for the Suggestion Box.  Kelsey is developing a budget for the necessary items such as cardboard and paint.  She will have this request ready for the upcoming Finance Committee.  Once the allocation is made, the committee will purchase the items and will begin the trial placement and monitoring.

There was discussion on more upcoming previous notices dealing with by-law changes.

Preliminary reports for the research assignment have been turned in.  The universities that will be examined so far are the University of Tennessee, the University of Florida, the University of California, and the University of Michigan.  At our upcoming meeting on October 30th, the committee will come together and explore these findings and determine its feasibility on UCA's campus.

The committee also discussed different ways in which to promote Open Forum such as the utilization of OrgSync, Twitter, Student Services, and the use of banners.  More progress should be reported on that front next week.

Though this will require a ballot of the student body since it will be a constitutional change, the committee will begin drafting the wording for the historian position at the upcoming meeting.

 

Report from October 21st

The committee met at its usual time on October 16th.

At the meeting, the Chair presented a research project for all members.  Based off the need for more diversity in Senate, the Chair is looking into new forms of allocation and election rules for Senate.  One form that was brought to the attention of the Chair was a party system in which ballots are divided by tickets representing different political parties.  The members of the committee were charged with researching at least one university in which a party system is utilized and providing a brief summary of their findings by October 27th.  The committee plans to discuss the findings in full detail on October 30th.

Kelsey was charged with creating a template for the forms which will accompany the suggestion box.  Her initial design was approved by the Chair and will be passed around to all present members of the Senate.  If there are any suggestions or feedback regarding the form, direct it to either Kelsey or the Chair.  We are open to changes.

Kenny was charged with developing a previous notice for a by-law change.  Much of the groundwork was already completed, but the Chair did want him to review it and make sure everything was in place and ready.  Since this was his first committee meeting, the Chair wanted to try to make the transition as smooth as possible.

The Chair looked into the proper avenue for requesting and receiving funds for the materials needed for a suggestion box.  In addition, he prepared previous notices and managed the activities of his committee members.

 

Report from October 14th

The committee met at its usual time on October 9th.

At the meeting, the committee discussed different details concerning the suggestion box. At this meeting, it was determined that the box shall be made out of card board type material and would be the size of a shoe box. Each member of the committee would be in charge of checking/maintaining a box, and would be responsible for checking at least once a week.

Kelsey was charged with contacting Hank for the Student Center and Art for the library to determine if it would be acceptable to keep the boxes in these areas. The Chair was charged with contacting Mr. Nabors about the cafeteria.

For this upcoming week, a preliminary design shall be created for the forms that will accompany the boxes.

The committee also discussed how to handle/maintain SGA History. The committee believed that the reports from the committee chairs would be very useful in tracking important events/accomplishments of the year. This means part of the responsibility would fall on the chairs to maintain detailed committee reports. The committee also believes it might be a good idea to create a historian officer to be appointed in the same vein as our sergeant-at-arms and our parliamentarian. This particular senator would be responsible for creating, developing, and storing the broad picture of the year. OrgSync could probably be used as depository.

The committee also reviewed three different by-laws to discuss possible amendments or revisions. Kelsey was charged with developing a plan for changing one of those by-laws while the Chair worked on the other two.

Report from October 7th

Due to the continuing illness of the Chair and the loss of one of the committee members, the Senate Advancement Committee was limited in what it could accomplish this week.

Primarily, the Senate Advancement Committee discussed details concerning the Suggestion Box and how it should be implemented on campus.  To tackle this assignment the Senate Advancement Committee referred to the efforts and discussion brought up by the Housing and Food Services Committee of last year.  This was one of the charges that the committee was unable to follow through.  Last year’s committee learned from discussions with housing that it may not be in the Senate’s best interest to maintain suggestion boxes in the various residence halls on campus.  For that reason, this year’s Senate Advancement Committee has decided that it may be better to choose three key areas on campus in which to keep and maintain these boxes.  This reduces the amount of time for maintenance and collection, plus the smaller scale is an easier way to test the waters.  In addition, the committee discussed the pros and cons of having the accompanying forms for the suggestion box be anonymous or require at least an email, so that SGA can be in contact with those who provide suggestions.  The committee thought it would best to have a place on forms for students to provide contact information, so that SGA can follow through with that student and let him or her know that his or her input has been considered.  If a student truly wishes to remain anonymous for whatever reason, he or she will not fill out the contact information part of the slip.  Also, the committee nailed down that the Student Center and Library should be two of the three main locations.  The committee is leaning towards the cafeteria being the third, but is open to other suggestions.  Moving forward the committee will need to coordinate with the appropriate authority for each location, and also should have more concrete ideas about how these boxes should be created, maintained, and checked and on what type of basis.

The committee also brainstormed some ideas to encourage Open Forum.  Some of these ideas included a banner, utilization of social media, weekly email, and the use of ambassadors.  A lot of these ideas overlap with the charge of the Public Relations Committee.  For that reason, the committee plans to coordinate and present these ideas to the PR committee in the near future.  The Chair did take an actual, minor step in advancing Open Forum.  After attending a reception with the bEARS club and John Wyvill, the Chair reached out to the Assistant Director of Disability Services.  The Assistant Director had expressed interest in meeting with SGA in the future, so the Chair provided the relevant details concerning General Assembly and Open Forum in an email, so that the department could utilize Open Forum.

The committee chair has also been in contact with the Vice President of Operations concerning future by-law changes.  While the committee has nothing to report in relation to that at this time, there should be some progress to report by next week.

Report from September 30th

The mission of the Senate Advancement Committee is to implement changes that will make Senate more efficient, transparent, and personable in our everyday operations.

Members include:  Colby Qualls- Chair and Junior Class President, and Kelsey Broaddrick- Freshman Class President

Meeting Times:  Tentatively 2 p.m. on Wednesdays in the SGA Office

For the time being, we have six over-arching goals.  We hope to knock out a few of these first semester, but our definite aim is to have attempted to implement these goals by the end of the academic year.  These goals include:

- Developing and maintaining suggestion boxes in areas of high concentration of students on campus
- Promoting Open Forum and actually having students take advantage of Open Forum occasionally
- Considering new By-Laws to make Senate more efficient and effective
- Restructuring SGA so that the classification of Senator-at-Large would be replaced by representatives of the academic colleges on campus
- Implementing election reforms to solve recurring problems
- Ensuring that our history, operations, and achievements will be detailed, thorough, and easily accessible for future Senates

From these larger goals, the committee has brainstormed smaller goals to get the ball rolling in these first few meetings.  These goals include:

- Coordinating with the Public Relations Committee to discuss innovate ways to advertise Open Forum
- Individually and collaboratively researching the By-Laws of Senates within the state of Arkansas
- Individually and collaboratively researching the By-Laws of Senates of interest such as those that we are acquainted with through COSGA
- Hammering out the specifics of what we want from these suggestion boxes and how they will be maintained
- Contacting the appropriate offices of the areas we designate as high concentration areas to coordinate this project
- Meeting with Adam, the Executive Board, and our advisors to begin preliminary planning for the SGA Structure Change
- Developing a relevant survey regarding the structure change to gauge student support
- Individually and collaboratively researching how other Senates maintain their history
- Contacting and coordinating with Steven about ideas in regards to the SGA History
- Contacting and coordinating with Ashley and the advisors to discuss election reforms

Our committee felt that until we completed these short term goals, we would be unable to advance in meeting our long term goals.

Our optimistic hope is to have at least tried out the suggestion box for a few weeks by the end of the semester, have employed a few different strategies in advertising Open Forum effectively enough that SGA actually has a visitor or two by the end of the semester, have at least covered the foundation of outside research and brainstorming for relevant By-Law changes, have at least introductory meetings with relevant administration and Senators in organizing election reform and SGA structure reform, and have developed a draft proposal in regards to the storage and organization of our SGA History.

DID YOU KNOW?

UCA’s average ACT Composite Scores for first-time entering undergraduates is above the Arkansas and National average and has been since 2002. In Fall 2012: Arkansas, 20.3; National, 21.1; and UCA, 23.2.

CONTACT US

University of Central Arkansas 201 Donaghey Ave., Conway, Arkansas 72035 Phone: 501-450-5000

Service, Transparency, Integrity, and Community

University of Central Arkansas · 201 Donaghey Ave., Conway, AR 72035 · (501) 450-5000
UCA is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Copyright © 2013 · All Rights Reserved