Presidential Transition Committee
Chair: Kelli Collins, Sophomore Class President
Committee Members: Samantha Cole, Kadascia Dykes, Dierre Littleton, KaRon Marbley, Josh Welch
Committee Meeting Time: Sunday Evenings at 5pm at a location determined weekly. For information, please email email@example.com.
Our committee goals are as follows
- Create a smooth transition between bidding farewell to President Courtway and welcoming our new President
- Update: President Houston Davis was selected as the new UCA President.
- Plan banquet for President Courtway inviting students to say, "Thank You."
- Include a video with photos and videos from students!
- Prepare farewell gifts and welcome gifts for the outgoing and incoming President
- Provide our new President [Houston Davis] with student's concerns and compliments on our campus.
Former President Tom Courtway:
- Multiple meetings discussing how our committee could be of assistance
- Farewell gifts including UCA Graduation Build-A-Bear and Student Signed Canvas.
- Banquet- Students and Executive Staff in attendance, and Reflective Video ( https://youtu.be/AhCEzRg4Ods ).
- Courtway Scholarship Challenge/ Pack the Court for PCourt
- This was an imitative taken on by SGA to raise money from the students for a scholarship to be given in President Courtway's name! Our committee worked the booth during the day of fundraising, as well as attended the basketball game that we raised funds to pass buckets to raise money.
- President Courtway was also recognized at half-time.
President Houston Davis:
- Multiple meetings along with planning for events
- Compliments & Concerns- a survey was given by my committee to the students of UCA to ask what needs to be fixed on campus and what they love about campus. We have compiled the results and are going to present this list to President Davis as a committee on 04/26/2017. An update will be given at that time.
- Fourteen Days of Transition- Each committee member took 2-3 days with President Davis to show him our favorite spot on campus while also sharing with him the reasons why it is important to us. Places have been: Jewel Moore Nature Reserve, Student Center, Baridon Hall, Farris Hall, Donaghey Hall, Gender Neutral Bathrooms, Exercise and Sport Science Building, Greek Row, etc.
- Many of these days were accompanied with a gift from the community. Thank you to Pasta Grill, UCA Bookstore, UCA SGA, French Lily, and Bell & Sward! We are very appreciative of you.