In 2011, after attending ASGA, the Executive Board decided to begin conducting student surveys to gain a better insight into student opinion on important campus issues. These surveys allowed the SGA to present empirical evidence that supported resolutions and other SGA business when presented to the administration and Board of Trustees.
for the 2015-2016 year, surveys will follow these guidelines:
- Each week, every senator is required to conduct and turn in three student surveys.
- Surveys will be topic oriented; each question will be intended to gather student opinion data on a narrow issue.
- Surveys will be available Mondays after the Public Relations Committee confirms the material to be distributed and are due every Friday at 4:00 p.m.
- Surveys will distributed to senators through email, will be available on the the SGA OrgSync portal, and a limited number of hard copies will be printed and available in the SGA office.
- Surveys must be turned into the Vice President of Operations' box in the SGA office. Surveys will be collected at the deadline and tabulated by an SGA office worker.
- The data as collected by the office worker will be presented to the Vice President of Operations, who will then create a single report for each survey topic.
- Failure to turn in surveys by the deadline will result in the issuance of one demerit per survey. If you turn in two surveys, you will receive one demerit. If you turn in zero you will receive three.