The vision of the Outreach Committee is working on building a stronger connection between SGA, the Community, and the Nation. Our projects will work to better our campus aesthetically and communally while keeping student’s wishes first.
The goals of the Outreach Committee will be to address the following:
- Concerns in society
- Student news
- Current events - DACA
- UCA website issues - information and software
- More communication between other universities in AR
- Increase voter turnout and candidate visibility
- Organizing events such as: Day at the Capitol and Arkansas Association of Students
- Donations from US students to international students
- Pass along - donation bin
- Welcoming new university staff
- More recycling bins around campus
- More benches/sitting areas
- More water fountains
- Bike paths
- Improvement of nature reserve
- “Environmentally Woke” - recycling in residence halls, alternate power sources - solar, wind, etc.
This committee meets on Thursday at 5:30PM in the Student Center.
Committee Members: Ashlin Stock (chair), Lauren Reding, Metu Osele, Pauline Audras, Will Teeter, and Leo Gomez.
The following Senate Reports can be downloaded for viewing.